Friday, April 10, 2015

Since There's No Help by Michael Drayton

1) When reading this poem for the first time I saw how it was written in a beautiful way, I just thought it was was very passionate and held a sense of heartbreak. I got a little bit caught up in a certain lie, when it said "When we meet at any time again, Be it not seen in either of our brows." I honestly can't tell you why this caught my interest but he seemed so uncaring. I think its what a typical guy would say to his long time girlfriend. Kind of a slap in the face. What changed when I read it the second time would probably be the tone I read it in, the first time I thought of it as heartbreak and a man trying to comfort himself with how the break up should go but the second time I thought of it as a careless tone.

2) The questions that followed the poem weren't that difficult. I had to go back to the poem to refer to the lines and meanings but overall I seemed to understand this poem better than the other two poems we read. The questions made sense to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment