Sunday, April 12, 2015

Let America Be America Again By Langston Hughes

When I first started to look at this poem what caught my attention was the title but I feel as though my thought on the title was completely different than the poem. My initial thought about the title was about immigrants and how Langston would like to get rid of them in order to give America back to Americans again but when I first read the poem it seemed that Langston was speaking to the government about how America has changed. But the poem also seems to be talking about how America was never free and no matter what a person looked for in this country they wouldn't be able to find it. I think what Langston is trying to say is "Let America be exactly what the constitution states" Everyone should be equal and have the freedom they want. Langston also mentions dreams and I think he wants us to know that people come here for the American dream but what they don't know is that dreams are crushed and ruined here. American isn't the same and he doesn't feel welcome in it anymore. Life isn't free in America, he describes everything he feels and sees regarding the people that live in american and have lived in America. This poem does a great job at explaining the life in America. Langston uses a lot of examples in which gave me the sense of how right he is. This poem is unique and I think it has a lot of meaning to Langston.

No comments:

Post a Comment