Friday, May 29, 2015

#3 Movie Post ¨To Kill a Mockingbird."

    Watching To Kill a Mockingbird for the first time I was actually interested. When the movie first started I was confused because of the children and the title everything seemed strange. I was captivated by the little girl and boy and how open minded they were even with their dad. Atticus was also opened minded when he defended the African American man from the court and being charged with rape. My favorite part of the movie was when Boo saved the kids and they showed that he really wasn't a bad guy. This movie showed me that not everyone is bad and also rumors are not to be listened to. The fact that the innocent black man was charged with rape when he didn't committee the crime really bothered me because there was literally no evidence to prove that he was guilty and the fact that the judges didn't even look into that really pissed me off. His lawyer tried everything and I think that is what upsets me. This kind of reminds me of the problems we still have in our society. We aren't equal and I think Atticus tried his best changing that. You can tell the white man that spit on his was feeling offended that he wasn't defending his wife (a white women) rather a black man. This movie showed that people will always be judged based off society and what it has to offer but also that someone, somewhere would be willing to help and listen and try to protect.

No comments:

Post a Comment