Wednesday, May 20, 2015

#2 Movie Post "Precious"

The movie Precious was very gruesome, I've watched this movie once before and it made me upset watching it because of how the mother treated Precious but watching it for a second time made me angry. I hate the way the mother spoke to Precious. It made me feel sick to my stomach. I think the way Precious imagined her future and thought of it gave her the chance to step up for herself. Also people question why Precious might have stayed with her mom although she had treated her poorly but I think it's because her mother was all she knew and that she couldn't just leave, especially because she was pregnant. I also made it seem like Precious' mother was jealous of Precious because the father had raped her and had got her pregnant twice. When seeing that Precious couldn't rely on her mom but had to leave was upset. I think the teacher helped Precious see everything in a different life. That Precious finally wanted to take control of her life and not be controlled and treated like trash by her mother. This movie seems to show how someone in the hood lives and how hard she's been trying to get her life together. It also shows the lack of eduaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment